Say Goodbye to Bad breath
Bad breath also is known as Halitosis, is often an ignored hygiene concept and the one who is punished because of it, is the other person. Here are some common triggers of bad breath:
4.Foods such as onion and garlic
5.Food debris in the teeth and tongue
6.A low carb diet
8.Tobacco and cigarettes
9.Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Acid reflux)
12.Certain medications, such as anti-allergic medicines and tricyclic antidepressants
The chances of bad breath due to an underlying disease are very low. However, if none of the home remedies given below seem to work, it is wise to consult a doctor.
If you have any of these following things at home, you have a remedy too –
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties that help greatly in reducing halitosis. It restores the pH balance in the mouth.
Gargle with the diluted solution 3-5 times a day and get the desired results.
2. Activated Charcoal – Activated charcoal absorbs the impurities in your mouth and kills harmful bacteria. It is also good for whitening your teeth. Brush thoroughly with the charcoal and swish it away.
3. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil swishing is a popular technique used to keep the mouth healthy and bacteria-free. This oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
4. Epsom Salt – When it comes to toxin removal, Epsom salt is the most remarkable ingredient. It also has natural antibacterial properties that fight oral bacteria and eliminate odor in the mouth.
5. Eucalyptus Oil – Eucalyptus oil exerts a bactericidal effect on different types of bacteria. It also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that will alleviate any pain or swelling present in your mouth. Gargle with oil and water mixture for bad odor.
6. Fennel Seeds – It freshens your breath and also takes care of any infections that may be causing bad breath. Chew on it and ingest it.
7. Ginger – Ginger helps to eliminate bad odor as well as different types of oral and throat infection. Grate the fresh juice and mix with water and rinse your mouth.
8. Green Tea – The phytochemicals in green tea are naturally antibacterial and will wash away and eliminate the odor-causing bacteria. Switch to green tea.
9. Lemon Juice And Yogurt – Lemon juice is antibacterial in nature and will remove the odor-causing bacteria. The good bacteria present in yogurt will restore the balance in the natural flora of your oral cavity. Mix 1 tsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp plain yogurt and apply the mixture on your teeth.
Leave it on for 5-7 minutes and then rinse your mouth.
10. Baking Soda And Lemon Juice – Baking soda brings down acidity, along with the antibacterial properties of lemon juice, this remedy makes for a potent combination to remove bad breath. Mix 1tsp baking soda and half tsp lemon juice to a coarse paste. Gently rub this paste on your teeth.
Leave it on for a minute and then rinse your mouth with clean water.
11. Salt Water – Saltwater solution neutralizes the mouth’s pH and cleanses it as well. Gargle with this solution twice a day.
12. Guava – Loaded with vitamin C, tannic acid, malic acid, and oxalate, guava is an apt remedy for bleeding and diseased gums, bad breath, and sensitive teeth. Chew on this wonder fruit to improve your overall oral health. Eat this fruit anytime during the day. You can also cut it into pieces and sprinkle some salt and black pepper powder on it for flavor.
13. Cardamom – Cardamom has been used since forever in India after meals. It acts as an aromatic freshener for your mouth and reduces bad breath by acting as a deodorizer. It masks the bad odor with its fragrance. Chew on the seeds and ingest it.
Gain back that confidence and be presentable anywhere anytime!